Monday, December 14, 2015

The body of Christ

Well, I have succeeded in the second baking fail of my life. I was asked to make a cake for a funeral dinner for tomorrow so I decided to make an oatmeal cake with coconut on top. Of course, the coconut topping broiled much quicker than I thought it would so it burnt crispy. Luckily, the whole top scraped right off, and I did it a second time and watched it closely the whole time. Dexter must have thought I looked kooky sitting on the kitchen floor staring at the broiler.

The virtual prayer night for Central went pretty well tonight. About 5 people logged in for the hour, and we had some good posting going on. Really enjoyed this video about prayer that I found:
Also, one of the prompts was to list things that are true of God's character (recognize that Mom?) and give Him glory for that list. So I provided the list that I have been compiling over the years and had people add to it. I really appreciated seeing others' posts.
We discussed what it means to be the body and prayed about how to love well. Then we listened to this song and asked God where we are called to be His body right now... who are we supposed to love specifically...
In other news, I don't have jury duty tomorrow so I will be going to my doctor's appointment as scheduled. So. That's good. I'm guessing that if I get called in, it will be on Wednesday. But we shall see. Praying that it is not Friday because I already have big plans for that day. Well. Off to bed so I can greet the day well tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment