Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Lemon pie & small victories

I was up this morning quite on time and happy because it was raining. I've always been a rain person; especially a summer rain. Summer rains make me feel more like it is autumn which we all know is my absolute favourite. So anyhow, I bounced out of bed, tidied the kitchen, and made coffee to go before we headed to the office for staff meeting. Work can mostly be summed up in this way: VBS. I'm all VBS at this point. I wake up thinking about it, and I go to bed thinking about it. But today, I had a huge milestone in my small steps toward a better life: I worked at the office for nearly the whole day. 10:30-4 with a 45 minute break for lunch. This is impressive, people. I didn't cook tonight, and I didn't keep working when I came home. I listened to music I like, played the piano, put on relaxing candles, and just generally took some time out. And I think maybe, just maybe, I'll be alright tomorrow. Milestone.
When Kelsey got back from beach volleyball, she was in desperate need of pie. So I packed her in the car, drove her to Kroger, and we got mini pies and some ice cream to cure everything. My mini pie was lemon. Delicious. I am excited, though, that soon there will be a bakery opening very near to us called Glazed and Confused. It's basically donuts upon donuts. But also lunch, salads, cakes, coffee, etc. I simply cannot wait. I hope it is as wonderful as it seems like it will be because I've been waiting for a place to be a "regular." Well anyhow, the theme of the day is rejoicing in the ability to make little strides toward a bigger goal...
Tiny steps
Small efforts
Little victories
ADD UP  
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One small step for Britany.....................................moving...........................forward!!!!!!!!!

      Delete