Monday, May 18, 2015

Back on track

This day felt pretty normal. And that is such a good thing. The morning was spent feeling like a part of my head was missing.. the part where my headache should have been... but I didn't miss that part at all! I was able to be up and around and off to staff meeting at 9:30. Pastor Bruce and Kels were both out which leaves Karol, Pastor Steve, Ken and I. Ken and Karol banter quite a lot, Steve smiles through everything, and I pretty much sit there and listen to everything everyone else has to say.

We decided on a few key things for upcoming KidCentral events, and Karol and I debriefed about all the activity I missed on Sunday. I think we will be tying in raising money to feed children school meals to our summer missions project of providing water. I think maybe it will end up being something like the Great Nutrition Mission or something like that. I will have to try to see if Mindi can come up with anything exciting beyond what's rolling around in my head for it.

Once I got back from working at the office, I had a lovely bit of a chat with Mom, and then I dawdled at making lunch for myself. Eventually, I couldn't avoid it any longer and made a spinach and turkey salad. When I went to clean up my dishes, I ended up doing all the dishes that were in the sink, cleaning the stove, cleaning out the fridge, organizing the fridge and freezer, making peach iced tea, making lemonade, defrosting fish, and sweeping the floor. Then I put on a nice candle, brewed myself a cup of coffee, put on Vivaldi's Four Seasons and went to work on coming up with water games for our June Water Night. Now I have lots of ideas, but no solid plan. One step at a time!

My mind completely bogged down with water, I took a break and called Aunt Jane. I'm not sure how long we talked, but I think it was through at least 2 cups of coffee. I love that I can call her and have a chat to break up my work. But then Kelsey came in and I realized it was already 4! We putzed around doing whatever for a bit, I facetimed Dad, and then we took Dexter to a dog park. We weren't quite sure about it, but we wanted to try it at least. He seemed really excited when we got there and he saw the other dogs, but when we went to go in, a dog about his size ran up to him and barked at him, and he instantly flipped. Growled a bit and was just generally not about that life. So we were not going to attempt taking his leash off and letting him run and play.. er.. rip all the other dogs' faces off.

Instead, it turns out that the dog park is on a nature trail of sorts so we walked a good long way along that path. Just the right amount of excitement for all of us. By the time we got back to the car, everyone was tired and our feet hurt. We headed home and made tilapia for supper. Kels made some tilapia rice bake and beans for herself. I made baked lemon tilapia and seared spinach for myself. And for both of us I made cornbread muffins (sans honey this time.. oops!). Turned out really well. Watched the Tigers game while we ate, and then we headed into the backyard to work on frisbee training Dexter.

He was being stubborn. He knows what to do, but he didn't want to. He still did it maybe 20 times, but it wasn't really enough to be a good try. There were an awful lot of bugs out, too, so we ran to Meijer and got tiki torch bug repellent and bug repellent candles so that if there are bugs on Thursday, we can get rid of them. I'm hoping for no bugs! Then it was time for the Bachelorette. During which we ended up playing frisbee with a suddenly not stubborn Dexter ha. 

Now I'm in bed, and I'm trying to calm it down and be ready for sleeping. This is the most tired and sleepy I've felt in awhile; not just tired. It was a happy day today. It felt sparkly and wonderful. Not perfect by any means, but bright. I'm glad for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment