Sunday, May 17, 2015

Keep your head up


Well today went nothing like I planned. High pain, new kind of pain in my chest which can only be described as broken glass in the windpipe, combined with a nasty migraine that wasn't responding to medication. I was faced with this choice of... get out of bed and show up at church but not be worth much OR mad dash to text everyone and make sure everything is covered. It makes me feel so guilty to rely on everyone else, but that is what I had to do this morning. Karol assures me everything went well, but I just still feel pretty bad about it. Trying not to dwell on it and just mentally move on.

I let myself just sleep because I figured if my body could even manage to just collapse into sleep, then I must really need it. All morning I slept and got up at maybe 2 p.m. Groggy, not as sore, but migraine raging on even more intense than before. About this time, Kels headed out, and I cried on the couch whilst petting Dexter for a good ten minutes. And then I simply just had to hear Mom.

We had a chat for a good hour forty five? and it ended up making me feel a lot better. Made myself a baked potato for supper and took a Max-alt esque medication which had me feeling so much better within 15 minutes. It kind of trips me out though... makes it hard for my eyes to focus and such so Mom suggested that I just play the piano or something not potentially dangerous haha. So, I'm not sure that it will interest you, but I'm assuming that the piano is pretty quiet at your house... I used to so enjoy when we would worship as a family so I made this for you. I'm not sure if I will share it at all publicly or if it would even interest other people. What do you think? Anyways.. If you would like to worship with me for a bit, here is Dining Room Worship:

If you would like to view this on YouTube, click here.

Kelsey just got home a bit ago, and now it's off to bed for us. Hoping tomorrow dawns brightly!!

1 comment:

  1. It grieves me deeply to know that you suffer so much. But it also gives me such joy to see you worship our God through your pain and discomfort. Yes, I miss those family worship times too. Keep on teaching and leading us through your example. I am such a wimp when I don't feel well. Love you! (tears are flowing.)

    ReplyDelete