Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Autumn feels

The air caught a cold today, I think. I went to bed in the summer, and I woke up in the fall. And I loved every second of it. Most people were probably not pleased about the turn to cold weather, but I am such a fan of snuggly sweater weather. More on that later...

At some point in the night, I woke with the worst cramp seizing my right calf. The nastiest part of it didn't last too long, praise the Lord, but I slept pretty uncomfortably after that. I hobbled around once I got up; eventually, I was able to put weight on the leg and straighten my foot. Still now it hasn't completely left. If anything, the cramp has slightly extended into my thigh and into my ankle, and I've been trying to walk on it all day.

Anyhow, I can't really remember much of what I did today. I did a lot of typing up stuff for KidCentral. Tomorrow I'm doing prep for the Ice Cream Social and finishing the last touches on all the summer event big picture ideas. While I worked, I put on an autumn candle, made myself a cup of coffee, and snuggled under a cozy blanket. That is so my ideal type of day and working conditions. I found a Yiruma piano playlist on YouTube, and I was seriously all set.

Kelsey and I did a bit of shopping for her when she got home, and then we picked up food for supper on our way home. Tuesday is quite often taco night, and Kels had been having a Qdoba craving yesterday so we indulged in a burrito and quesadilla. Watched the Bachelorette and then it was time to Sweat to the Oldies with Richard Simmons. We dressed in as much neon as possible, as you do, and had a really good time. I would say it will become a staple in our house.

I think I'll close with a few pictures I took of Kelsey last week. She let me do an extreme amount of makeup and contouring and dress her in an old fashioned dress, and amazingness, she looks like a Swedish Sansa Stark from some indeterminate place in time. Check it out. :)





I need to get out my camera and black and white film and shoot a roll again. Love this look.

Oh! I also just remembered, today I was asked to write one entry for a 30 day devotional for people who suffer from chronic illness. So that will be an interesting task that I'm going to embark on! Can't wait to see how that turns out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, doesn't look at all like the Kels I know. Amazing change.

    ReplyDelete