Friday, May 15, 2015

House to myself...

Today started out quite a bit later than I would have hoped. I didn't sleep very well (shocker, I know), but I think I slept from 5:30-11 or so. I had a bit of a lie in... slowly starting to move my limbs. It wasn't one of those 'attack the day' kind of mornings. I was so sincerely hoping that I would feel up to driving home to visit, but when I looked at the To Do list left in the wake of the past few days of malaise combined with knowing that it is extremely possible for me to not feel well enough to drive back, I realized that yet again, I had to do the unfun, responsible thing. But in spite of that, I still had a good day.
I put together the invitations for the backyard Ice Cream Social open house and put them in the mail so the kids will get them tomorrow most likely. Here's what the postcards look like:


Dexter and I went on a little walk when we took the postcards to be mailed. The box is just down the street from our house, so I took him through Old Town, hit the River Trail, and back up to our house. It's probably a 10 minute walk? I thought it looked like rain, but I don't think it ended up doing anything. I had on a jacket and jeans, and that was a little bit too warm even.

When we got back it was about 2:40ish, and I decided to finish a job Kels had started in the backyard. We have one flowerbed by the patio, and she had put in two rows of petunias yesterday, but left the rest in the flats to do on Monday. I think there are 40 plants in all or something extravagant like that. So anyhow, I went ahead and tilled the rest of the bed, raked it, and put in the rest of the plants. I'm not sure they will do very well as there was quite a lot of clay under the first layer of soil, but we will probably put mulch down when we do the flowerbeds in front of the house I'm guessing. I had enough energy after that enterprise to clean up a lot of the trash around the backyard, too. It gets stuck between the two chainlink fences, so I picked up a lot of that. I think the flowerbeds used to extend the whole length of the back fence because there is that plastic material they put under beds sometimes that is coming out of the ground in a lot of spots. It's going to be quite the undertaking when the properties committee finally tries to put grass in our yard...

I came in from that maybe around 4:30, and I thought I deserved a cool drink so I got some sweet tea and called Aunt Jane. We talked for about 45 minutes, and then I was pretty hungry so I cooked up some turkey burgers. This time I made it seasoned with oregano and Mrs. Dash which I've never done before. On my sandwich I had mustard, Stubb's, olive mayo, velveeta cheese, and baby spinach. Made extra so I have some tomorrow in case I don't feel like cooking as much as I did today. Ooh, and I had a couple salt and vinegar chips.

At this point, I was feeling quite tired so I actually watched National Treasure. Not sure why I thought Nicholas Cage would spice up the night, but at least it had been so long since I'd seen it that I didn't remember everything that happened. I kind of chilled around the rest of the evening. Tomorrow I tackle the rest of my To Do list for church which pretty much entails making the children's area look presentable for the lady who is coming to visit. I noticed someone had torn down part of a bulletin board, so I'm hoping that tomorrow is a day when I can lift my arms well and take care of that. And finish the mural for the kids.


I'm that stupid feeling of tired but not sleepy right now. My head feels a bit tense, so I've put on Vivaldi's Four Seasons. I'm listening to La Primavera (spring) right now. Oh, I just remembered too. Did I tell you that I got a second set of sheets? (It's payday!!) Now I have gray sheets that match my gray/yellow comforter (the old ones), and my new purchase was white sheets with tiny navy stars on them to match my new quilt. I think it is good, though, that I have more than one set. The ones on my bed right now are already showing the wear of constant use. Now if only I could track down the 2 sets of towels that have gone missing... Ah well.
Big moment tonight as I now have 130 followers on Instagram! That feels like an important thing to note. :) Goodnight, family dearest!

No comments:

Post a Comment