Saturday, May 23, 2015

Backyard dreams

Basically today we put a lot of elbow grease into the yard and garden. I assembled IKEA furniture while Kels planted our box garden.




Dave put a lot of work into the yard. He took out a bunch of rocks, leveled the back part, and put in grass seed.


Once that was all done, Kelsey and Dave tilled a front flower bed into creation (which will be pictured when we get the flowers in), and I took out the flower bed in the back, cleaned up weeds, and put rocks around one of our trees. The petunia bed was good in theory, but it's the most shady part of the yard and the soil isn't soil at all... it's clay. So in a few days, I'll rake the flowers out, I think, since they're mostly dying now anyways.



Once the grass comes in, I think the backyard will be a really pleasant place to sit. I'm looking very much forward to drinking my morning coffee out on our garden sofa. A couple more things to do around the yard, and it will be great!


So now Kels is off at a coach's picnic, and I'm watching some Netflix. I have my lesson all planned for tomorrow, I just have to print a couple things in the morning. I happened to find a board game that goes with Jesus calming the storm randomly tonight as I was browsing Pinterest so I am going to use it tomorrow. Mr. Burt is sick so it might be just Miss Barb and I tomorrow. Or Dave, too, if we need crowd control. But right now, I'm going to get some ice cream and just chill out. It's been a lot of physical stuff over the past couple days, and I need to chill so I can come north tomorrow. Eek! So excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment