Thursday, May 21, 2015

Ice cream coma

Well, I forgot to blog last night. So I guess, excitingly for you that means two blogs today. The blog got lost somewhere between the screaming kiddos running around my house and trying to record a video for Scooter. While I'm thinking about that. Now that I have editing capabilities, Courtney especially, you said you would like to have us do videos back and forth? Whatcha thinking in regards to? Give me a holla so we can discuss deats.

So anyhow, you are getting fresh "morning" Britany. I'm three gulps into my cup of Colombian dark roast coffee so who knows how much filter will really be on at this point. Side note. I've decided that the Four Seasons is my soul music right now. It's on almost constantly.

I can't remember how yesterday morning was. I think I was just working, as you do. Around the mid point of the day, I ate something kind of substantial... leftovers maybe? And then I attempted my most hated of necessities: showering. Showering for the chronically ill person is a double edged sword. I like smelling nice and having washed hair. But the act of showering is so tiring. While I'm in there, I just keep going at as steady of a pace as I can, leg shaving negotiable. I take tepid showers now so I don't overheat, sometimes with the door open for the same purpose. Sit down if I have to. It's just a production. And when I'm done, there is definitely a lot of recuperation needed. I just lay in bed and watch the world swirl around me until it stops. It's been awhile since my vision left, but I think that's probably because I've learned how to chronic person shower. End rant. So anyhow, I showered because I hadn't in awhile, and I do like cleanliness. It was successful, but took me a bit to recover from.

Then it was full on kid min time. I headed to the office. I copied. We ran out and got ice cream. Ate supper. Decorated. And families started arriving. Ice Cream Social 2k15 was in full swing. We had 4 families with kids come and two volunteers. A pretty full backyard. The kids made themselves right at home, got Dexter out of his house, and played with him. He was so sweet with them. Let them hang all over him and be petted. It was a nice time. And I still didn't get rid of all my sprinkles from Melissa's bridal shower! haha

This weekend is Pentecost, and we are learning about Jesus calming the storm. Kind of a lot for the kids to process, but I think it will be good. I'm going to have them "be in the boat" and have the teachers and I create a storm. I'm hoping that it will be memorable in a different way. I'm going to point out to them how it's not like Jesus had gone to sleep and the storm was going on because he wasn't being vigilant... like Jesus was on break so bad stuff could happen. The disciples were safe with him the whole time, they just couldn't see that. Or something. I haven't quite figured out all my exact words yet, I just have the general ideas.

Anyhow, after KidCentral left the house, Kels and I ran out to get me a slip because I realized I only had a half one and not a full one somehow, and it's about time to start wearing dresses. When we got back, we shot a video for Scooter that was mildly funny and hopefully will improve tenfold upon editing. Then we watched some Netflix, and it was off to bed. Well, I assume Kels went to sleep. I was up past 3 again. I'm not sure what point I fell asleep, but I simply could not get comfortable. It was a lot of doze and reposition throughout the night. Anyhow, that explains why I woke up at noon without an alarm. And that brings us to now. Here are a couple more pictures of the ice cream social. The first is from Kelsey's instagram and you can see a chillun and Dexter playing beanbags in the background. The second is mine and is the leftovers. Not too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment